Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Day in the Life of Ruthie

We woke up early and were running an errand when we heard on the radio that 150 cowboys were doing there annual ride through downtown Colorado Springs.  So Ruthie (in her pj's) and I hurried to see all the cowboys in there hats and boots on there horses.  Ruth loved it!!!!
  I forgot my camera so no pic.  We then went home and played in the backyard.  I turned my back for 1 minute and turned around to see black all over Ruthie's face.  I first thought it was black paint since our house is being painted.  As I investigated further I realized it was soot from the grate over the firepit.  HILLARIOUS!!!


We went inside to change....Ruthie then got into my purse and found a lollipop I had for the airplane incase of an emergency.  She had unwrapped it and had drool all down her shirt by the time I got to her.  By that time I couldn't take it away so she had her first lollipop at 9:00 am.

After her am nap we went to a park with a huge moving fountain.  There was a wade pool at the bottom that was negitive 2 degrees.  By the end of it Ruthie's whole body was purple.
At snack time Ruthie used her spoon all by herself.  She did a great job!!!
That was our day!!!

5 comments:

Kathy Risley said...

Oh Kim! Bless you!! You have such a positive attitude! After clothes change number 2 you could have put me down for a nap!
Loved being with you all in Wilmington!! Miss you already!
Love you all!
Kathy and crew

Another Namtarts Blog said...

Such a big girl ...eating all by herself!...even the ashes! love Grandmadeb

Dorothy said...

that sounds like a glorious day!!!!!

The Cornwalls said...

Fun times!
I am glad that I found your blog :)
Tiffany

Johnpaul McLean said...

for some strange reason, i have a feeling that nathan found himself amidst the cowboy round-up. he always had a thing for cowboys.

remember that time he wouldn't stop stalking steve fee and his band? that was funny.