Tuesday, October 16, 2007

2 Random thoughts



1)Today's word is GRATITUDE-
it has been made abundantly clear to me that we are good at asking God to supply us and our loved ones with health, outcomes, finances, hope etc...
Here's the RUB- God continues to work in front of my very eyes and I rarely thank Him like I should.....always off to the next thing. So here is the question for you and I...."When was the last time you took a breather and thanked your Maker for answered prayers? hmmmmm It's time for all of us to "waller" in His goodness.

2)On a lighter note- On one side of our youth building is a Methadone Clinic and on the other side is a center for middle aged, low-income folks with mental disabilities. One of my new friends from next door, Reggie has been hanging around alot. He comes to my offic to borrow a basketball so he can work on his jump shot on our goal. We share the lot with 10 other agencies and a restaraunt. Reggie (who is 50+yrs old), took it upon himself to collect landscaping blocks, cones, rocks, an empty box of Philly Blunts and other "borrowed" objects. He spread these objects all over the lot and connected them with caution tape around the goal. Some people called the cops on him and they arrested him and hauled him downtown. Later that day he came bye the youth building and I asked him about his adventures today. His response, "Man, I was just workin' on my jumpshot when they snagged me and took me downtown...sumthin' bout a summons'....well at least I got a ride downtown, I had things I had to do down there".

more drama for ya' mamma!
nate

1 comment:

The Trone's: James, Misty, and Bella Grace said...

Nate, I see that you are moving to Colorado Springs. I know your excited but with mixed emotions. We are going to be up there in a few months so I will give you a call.

James