Sunday, December 30, 2007

Home?



I feel like the little green guy above. I'm in Colorado, Kim is in Charlotte, our stuff is in a storage unit, I'm staying at a friends, we will move into another house when Kim and Ruthie get here, then we pray we find a house to move into.
Why the Alien you ask?
There are many references in scripture about being an alien or stranger in a foreign land. I have thought about those verses especially since I don't have a physical home at this point. Not to over spiritualize everything, but God has truly reminded me of my eternal home.....and that it's somewhat natural to feel like a stranger. I love the idea that this world is not our home, we are on vacation in a sense until we are called "up yonder". But while on vacation, God has called us to be faithful and that's a full-time yet rewarding job.
any who........
Kim and I have been blessed on both sides of the country to have kind folks who have taken us in and cared for us. We have seen the face of Christ in many of these people. This is a tough time....but it's also a good time. I can't wait for my family to get here as we attempt to settle into this new place.

under construction,
nate

4 comments:

Anon said...

I think the phrase you are looking for is "stranger in a strange land." Back in theology class we covered 5 different viewpoints that people can come from and that was one of them. Can't remember the rest - obviously the class made a huge impression on me!

Enjoy the mountains and do me a favor and hit my blog sometime. I have a global hits tracker on there and I want to have one from Colorado.

Anon said...

Oh yeah - the weblog is:
http://candcroyall.blogspot.com

Allison said...

hey nate! im so glad you're out in colorado! are you freezing? we're in beaver creek this week and this morning it was 3 degrees!! a big change from the nice warm temps at home....i hope yall had a wonderful xmas! ruthie is getting so big!!! we'd love to see yall sometime...once you get settled in! we're in boulder, and only about 2 hours away i think, maybe an hour and half?
anyway..hope yall are doing well!!!

allison

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate. You probably don't remember me but your mom and I just recently caught up and she sent me yours and Jake's blog. How I loved seeing you guys all grown up. It hardly seems possible that 20 years have gone by. You were just in grade school when we left Ohio for Michigan. I will check in on your blog now.
Happy New Year
Lita Knee