Monday, December 17, 2007

The Farewell Party


Last night there were about 300 people gathered in our church gym to send us off to Colorado. They made a huge meal, a great video and sang some songs. It struck me on the way home that I just participated in a rare occassion.....and every aspect of that occassion gave the glory and thanks to our Lord. Kim and I received some incredible letters and gifts from our great friends here at St.Andrews-Covenant. After the meal, all the students and college kids and "real world" kids joined us in the HUB for a final time of worship and celebration. My tear ducts are dry and my back hurts from hugging.
I ran a diagnosis on my tears and It came back that they were tears of gratitude and thankfulness. This church has loved us well and we love them the same. At some point I will try and put the video up on the blog for yall to see.

God is Good
nate

2 comments:

jesse and whit... said...

i just started crying at work thinking about you leaving... and i only get to see you once every couple of months. we're going to miss you soooooo much! we'll be praying for you :) we know it's going to be awesome!

Another Namtarts Blog said...

I know I'm not supposed to say that you deserve all of that gratitude and appreciation, because it's God's work that deserves that praise. I also know I'm supposed to believe that God would have used someone else to touch those kids' lives if you weren't their youth director. I know I'm supposed to say and think those things. I just don't feel like it right now, because you really do deserve all of those accolades for how you have changed those kids' lives. And I know God is smiling with each hug and gift you receive.
jake, jules, ben

P.S. Ben wakes up most mornings and asks if he can "flay wif Woofie" (play with Ruthie).